Cave 2 – Full Cave Diver
This course provides the diver with the skills and knowledge needed to gain experience and minimize risks while conducting longer penetration cave dives involving complex navigation, at depths that do not exceed 40m (130 ft). This course includes decompression dives utilizing gas mixes up to 100% oxygen. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are considered competent to plan and execute multiple navigational decisions on cave dives with without direct supervision, provided the diving environment, activities, areas dived, and equipment approximate those of training.
Certification is through NSS-CDS, NAUI, TDI, IANTD.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 50 or more logged dives
- Be certified to the Cave 1 – Intro Cave – Apprentice Cave Diver level or equivalent
- Possess Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures certification or equivalent
This course requires decompression therefore students must be certified to use oxygen or oxygen-rich gas mixtures. Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures or Cave Decompression can be combined with this course to meet these requirements.
- The Full Cave Diver course generally takes five to six days and approximately eight dives.
- Adding TDI Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures to the course generally adds at least one additional day.
- With sufficient notice, we can usually accommodate requests for specific course dates.