Advanced Sidemount Cave Diver
Technical Sidemount Diver is a course one takes prior to beginning Cave Diver training. The goal is to train students to use sidemount as a primary gear configuration. Other than dealing with possible entanglement, Basic Sidemount does not cover cylinder removal or passing through extreme restrictions that might require dropping one or both cylinders.
Advanced Sidemount Cave Diver specifically deals with passing through restrictions that likely require the removal of one or both bottles, stage bottles, gas management techniques, and riding a DPV in sidemount configuration. As students will be diving sidemount during the course, documentation of prior training or experience is required.
Certification is through the NSS-CDS.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 50 or more logged dives
- Be certified to the Full Cave Diver level or equivalent
- Possess Advanced Nitrox/ Deco Procedures Diver certification or equivalent
- The Advanced Sidemount Course generally takes two days and approximately four dives.
- With sufficient notice, we can usually accommodate requests for specific course dates.