Intro to Tech
Many students come with prior training and experience diving either backmounted doubles or sidemount. This is usually as a result of having taken one or more technical diving courses.
Some students, however, lack this experience. Diving doubles or sidemount involves much more than donning the gear for the first time and going diving.
The Intro to Tech course introduces students to the world of technical diving. The objective of this course is to familiarize students with technical equipment configurations, to enhance open water diving skills (such as buoyancy, trim, and situational awareness), and to introduce students to advanced gas planning techniques within a no-decompression context. This course is strictly a no-decompression course; students are permitted to use Enriched Air Nitrox (EAN) mixes, provided the gas mix is within their current level of certification.
It is possible to take Intro to Tech as a standalone program. Most students, however, take this course in conjunction with the Cavern Diver course.
Certification is through TDI, IANTD, NAUI, NSS-CDS, PADI.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified to the Advanced Open Water Diver level or equivalent
- Possess Nitrox Diver certification
- The Intro to Tech course generally takes two days and approximately four dives.
- If your goal in taking this course is to get ready for cave diver training, your best value is to take this course in combination with the Cavern Diver course. Doing so will save both time and money.
- With sufficient notice, we can usually accommodate requests for specific course dates.