DPV Cave Diver
The Cave DPV course is designed to teach trained cave divers how to utilize Diver Propulsion Vehicles (DPVs) in the cave environment. Divers will learn about safe DPV use, DPV components, and care and maintenance. Students will learn to plan dives that may incorporate extended penetration, stage bottles, longer bottom times, complex dive planning, and proper methods of gas management. If the student is a rebreather diver, a portion of the course can be taken utilizing the rebreather.
Certification is through NSS-CDS, NAUI, TDI, IANTD.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 50 or more cave dives
- Be certified to the Full Cave Diver level or equivalent
- Possess Advanced Nitrox/ Decompression Procedures Diver certification or equivalent.
- The Cave DPV course generally takes 3-4 days and approximately four dives.
- This course may be combined with the Stage Cave Diver course. This will extend the training to a total of 5 days and eight dives.
- With sufficient notice, we can usually accommodate requests for specific course dates.