Dive Rite O2ptima CM CCR
Incredibly versatile, self-contained, and travel ready, the O2ptima CM will change the way you think about rebreathers. The chest-mounted design easily attaches to almost any harness using four bolt snaps. This means it is fully compatible with your current open-circuit diving system — be it sidemount, back mounted doubles or single tank.
The self-contained design comes with an onboard oxygen cylinder. This means there is only one external connection for the diluent from your existing gas supply. You simply need to add one BC hose from your existing 1st stage to power the CM. You can learn more on Dive Rite’s website.
We are able to teach you from the very beginning of rebreather diving, all the way through CCR Hypoxic Trimix. Please see our other course offerings for advanced CCR training.
Certification is through TDI, NAUI, IANTD.
- If you lack prior CCR experience, there is a five-day program that will take you all the way through to full CCR Diver certification.
- If you are already certified on another CCR, there is a two-day crossover program that will make you a fully-certified O2ptima CM CCR Diver.
If you have no prior CCR experience:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have at least 50 logged dives
- Be certified to the Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Diver level or equivalent
If crossing over from another CCR certification:
- Have logged at least twelve CCR dives
- Have made at least one CCR dive in the past 45 days
- The “from scratch” CCR course takes five days and at least 400 minutes of bottom time.
- The crossover course takes two days and at least 200 minutes of bottom time.
- With sufficient notice, we can usually accommodate requests for specific course dates.