Why cave dive?
The reasons include:
- Caves are beautiful. They offer clear water and unique formations divers cannot see or enjoy elsewhere. Visibility can measure hundreds of meters or feet.
- Caves are free from wind, waves and surge. Seasickness is never a consideration.
- Cave diving is among the most exciting of all diving activities. There are no dull cave dives.
- Cave diving provides a unique insight on how the earth formed and on how life on earth evolved.
- Cave divers seem to share both a powerful curiosity and an appreciation of the technical aspects of overhead-environment diving.
Among the most satisfying aspects of cave diving is the understanding that this is not a suitable activity for the average diver. In fact, some estimate that less than one percent of the general diving population possess the knowledge, skills, experience, attitude and judgement necessary to learn to cave.
Thus, the ability to meet the high standards required for Cave Diver certification is something of which any person can be justifiably proud.