Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Instructor
Although these are two separate courses, instructors almost always offer them in combination with one another. Together, the courses teach students to make decompression dives as deep as 45 m/150 ft using either pure oxygen or oxygen-rich gas mixtures for decompression.
Be aware we teach this program only to instructors who will be preparing students to make decompression dives in underwater caves or similar environments. If your goal is to prepare students for deep ocean or freshwater wreck dives, we suggest doing this program in that sort of environment.
- Be certified as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver or equivalent.
- Be certified as a TDI Deco Procedures Diver or equivalent.
- Have logged at least 150 dives, 25 or more on Nitrox.
- Have certified at least ten students in entry-level Nitrox.
- Have certified at least ten students in SDI Deep Diver or TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver or equivalent, or at least ten SDI Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent.
Not yet an SDI or TDI Instructor? Discover how easy and affordable it is to cross over.
We only offer this program to candidates who are either taking part or interning with one of our full Cave Diver courses. Doing so meets the requirements for in-water time and practical application.
On top of this, candidates must attend a one-on-one orientation session with one of our TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Instructor Trainers. This generally takes a single morning, afternoon or evening. With sufficient notice, we can generally conduct this orientation when and where it is most convenient.
We usually conduct the classroom portion of this program either at our office in Gainesville, Florida, or in the classroom at Blue Grotto Dive Resort in Williston, Florida.
The orientation portion of this program includes:
- TDI Advanced Nitrox eLearning course
- TDI Deco Procedures eLearning course
- TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor registration fee
- TDI Deco Procedures Instructor registration fee
If you have any questions, please ask.